Saturday, September 10, 2011

I am Surrounded by F'in Idiots....Part I


Okay, give me some lenience with these next two posts. I have avoided coming here to rant and rave about my opinions but I have to let them out somewhere where my family/friends don't know exists and is my place.

In the last week three people have announced their pregnancies. Everyone came about 2 or 3 days apart and each announcement was more and more aggravating. The reason...I firmly believe that when someone tries to conceive a child, they need to do so knowing the can care for that child in all ways. Physically, Emotionally, Mentally and Financially. In addition that child needs to come into a home with love and stability. A child is not a tool to fix something. It is a gift, and should be looked at with the knowledge that it comes with great responsibility and not something to fill some selfish need you have to fill.

Situation One: Married couple with one child. This couple is probably the best prepared of the three to have another child. BUT I was ticked off when shortly after she announced her pregnancy, commented about the frustration with applying for pregnancy medicaid and getting her current child medicaid who up until now had no insurance.

Situation Two: Married couple with 5 children. They have major struggles financially. I'm sure this stress impacts her marriage as she is also commonly bitching about her husband who works a lot - which makes sense with a family of 7 people now growing.

Situation Three - By far the one that bothers me most. Married couple with two children. About a year ago husband got arrested for stealing from his employer. He lost his job. To say this family struggles financially is an understatement. They were struggling before the job loss. No one has insurance, except the children who are on medicaid. They receive food stamps and WIC. Their marriage is in shambles since the arrest. Not long ago the wife described their marriage as "room mates at best" But then guess who announces their pregnancy this week and is all smiles about it?

I don't get it. From speaking to some people, I think my opinions are more popular than many will admit. No one wants to say it because it makes them sound petty and I guess...bitchy. People don't want the reproductive rights of others to be controlled and I do agree with that, but there has to be a middle ground. Everyone likes to be all smiles and happy around pregnancy and babies. But look at society and children. So many come from dysfunctional families and then are propelled into schools, workplaces and society with baggage and issue.

People who read know I want another baby and may feel that this rant is about jealously. Maybe that's part of it, but I really don't think it is. I could start next month with TTC and most likely within a few months be pregnant. But I'm not. And I'm not because that would be unfair to S, K, M and the future child. I can care for the three children I have. If I were to add another, that would be in question. I need to have certain things taken care of before I can TTC again, which is why I haven't completely ruled it out, but definitely placed on the back burner for now.

I guess my aggravation is why do I hold myself to this standard when it is clear that so many do not?

2 comments on "I am Surrounded by F'in Idiots....Part I"

battynurse on September 11, 2011 at 3:29 PM said...

I can totally understand your frustration with all of these people, including sis mentioned in the next post.
It frustrates me to no end knowing how many people choose to enter into a pregnancy when they can't handle the responsibility that comes along with it. All of the responsibility. It's just sad too that these children often start off with almost no chance of any sort of normalacy in their lives. Only disfunction.

tripntwinmom on September 14, 2011 at 12:59 PM said...

I am right there with you... :( You know darn well that my adoption has been put on hold indefinitely for the SAME reasons that your 4th child has... I could beg, borrow, and plead to everyone as I have seen MANY do, but then HOW I would provide for everyone once adopted child is here might be a bit worrisome and thus it is on hold for now...

However, like you, I have seen MANY people who do not worry about that and go forward and let the government provide for said children.

I'm telling you, values seem to have gone by the wayside...:( Being able to provide for kids does not seem to matter anymore. People seem to have kids now just because they want them. Whether or not they SHOULD or are ABLE means nothing... It is very sad that this is what our society has turned into.

My question is this: What will these people do if these programs are gone? For example... There is NO pregnancy Medicaid in Texas... So, if your job transferred you elsewhere, you might be SOL...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates