Monday, November 28, 2011

I Found My Parenting Achilles Heel


Reading...or I should say, learning to read. It stresses me out. I don't know how to deal with it. It sounds stupid to say that, but seriously, I can't do it.

I hate that I respond the way I do. I try to go into it differently. I try to remind myself of how hard this is, but in the end, often the twins and I are left in tears.

I think part of it is I never had to 'learn' to read. By three I was reading books and I was never taught. My moms said it was like I just figured it out on my own. And so when we go over reading words over and over and then 10 minutes later they have forgotten everything we did, I stress.

I need to figure out how to deal though. I do not want my kids to stress about reading or dread it because of how it all goes down. Tonight I had my sister do the reading with them and it went much better. I may need to look into paying someone else to do it though, when my sister isn't here. That will be another great financial stress...sigh.

So, I feel horrible. I feel like I am failing my kids. I need to get a handle on this though...or sacrifice some bill to pay for the private tutor.

2 comments on "I Found My Parenting Achilles Heel"

tripntwinmom on November 30, 2011 at 7:42 AM said...

I know just what you are talking about..:( Mine is Algebra...:( OMG! I HATED it when I had to do it in high school and now the triplets are doing it and I feel like a complete loser! I mean, I have a bachelors and masters degree, but I STRUGGLE to help them with it as I just CAN'T do it! I barely did it then, NEVER used it and have COMPLETELY forgotten all of it!!! I, like you, just sucked it up and sent them to tutorials. It was better than killing myself trying....
((((HUGS))))

Md.Abdul Aziz Student of Arabic Language & Literature from Islamic University, Kushtia as 1st class 1st among the Arts faculty on December 5, 2011 at 2:48 AM said...

wonderful blog,thanks
Islamic Books and Articles

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates