Monday, December 1, 2008

I Hate Being Worried


I love my babysitter Q. She is awesome and the kids love her. She is a very strong woman and an extremely hard worker. All day today I have been worried out of my mind for her.

Q works for me during the week, and actually works on the same nursing unit as I do on weekends. So this morning my boss calls me and asks if I have heard from Q. I say no and ask why. She was last heard of on Saturday night having a very loud argument with her husband when her phone went dead and she didn't come to work on Sunday or Monday. Obviously everyone at work was very worried.

To help understand why all our minds went to such a dark place, a little over 4 years ago, another co-worker, and good friend of mine, was murdered by her husband. She was also a strong, hard working woman and a great friend. She was killed on a Friday and found Sunday after not showing up to work. This is still a fresh wound in all our hearts and minds.

Now back to Q. After calling her with no answer twice I finally called one of her friends. This friend, T, said that Q was safe at that moment but that she was talking to people and couldn't talk. I assume and hope that she was talking to the police. I told T to tell Q that I would be more then happy to give her a place to stay if she needed and to tell Q to call me as soon as she could. This was about 3 hours ago and I still haven't heard anything.

Although I know she is safe, I have no idea what she has been through or how hurt she is. I am scared for her as well as her kids. I am also afraid that she will return to this evil person and open herself up again, as so many battered women do.

I cannot lose another friend like this...

1 comments on "I Hate Being Worried"

tripntwinmom on December 1, 2008 at 7:08 PM said...

How scary! I am so sorry. I do hope that she is OK...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates