Sunday, July 14, 2013

Trying to Keep Positive


The twins came home for the first time in three weeks on Friday evening. A friend had made plans to go to the Drive In Movie that night so I decided to surprise the kids and take them too. When my sister brought the twins at 7p I was already waiting in the car with M. They looked at me a little disappointed that they would be getting back into a car, but I promised them it was a good surprise.

It took almost an hour to get there and the kids spent the whole time trying to guess what we were doing. Once we pulled in and the kids saw the big movie screen, a playground and their friends, they were ecstatic! They played and ate for the next 90 minutes while we waited for it to get dark enough for the movie to start.

First we watched Monsters University, which for the most part was good. I'll be honest, I tuned out about half way through and read on my kindle. The movie ended at 1130p and I tried to convince the kids to go home. They would not agree so we stayed for movie number two, Despicable Me 2. For this movie I fell asleep shortly after the opening credits and woke up five minutes before it ended at 1a. All three kids were still wide awake watching the movie when it finished. I was shocked.

We headed home after a quick stop at McD for a large frappe for mommy! We got home at 2a, 2a!!! I didn't realize just how late a Drive In Movie experience would be. Next time I will try to be more prepared for the lack of sleep.

Fortunately, the kids all slept past 10a the next morning :0)

1 comments on "Trying to Keep Positive"

Tina on July 16, 2013 at 5:59 PM said...

I'm horrible at reading blogs but I'm catching up! I'm sorry your going through so much... I have a private FB page with 7 or so girls it's a place to vent and find support if you want to join PM me ill add you

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates