Saturday, December 12, 2009

He is Here!



I went to my scheduled doctor's appointment on the 9th and had several tests. My blood pressure was up for the first time and Max was now measuring almost 9lbs via US. After talking to my midwife about my options, it was decided I would head to the hospital to be induced.

I went right over and got to my room about 5pm. I was having some mild contractions but to speed things along, my midwife broke my water at 6pm. At that time I was still only 4cm and 80% effaced. After 1.5h of irregular and fairly weak contractions they started pitocin at 8:30pm. At 2am, and SEVERAL bumps of the pitocin, labor was getting pretty intense so I asked for some Staydol. Before they gave it to me they checked my cervix again, and I was still only 4cm and 100% effaced. About 10 minutes after the Staydol labor began to get intolerable and with not making any cervical change I just couldn't keep going. While prepping for the epidural I think I kinda 'lost it' pain wise and it was unbearable. I wasn't handling things too well at that point. Well...when they laid me back down once the epidural was in, they went to check me again...and could see the babies head! Apparently in about 45 minutes I went from 4cm to 10cm and I guess the reason for the intense pain near the end. The epidural only took effect once I started pushing, so...I guess I went basically med free for the labor and got a nice pain free 2 minutes of pushing.


Max was born December 10th at 3:14am weighing 8lbs 0oz. I was able to have my VBAC and he came in just one or two pushes. He is nursing well and seems to be a good baby - as much as you can tell in the first 36 hours The twins were unable to see him until I was discharged, on Friday (11th) around noon due to hospital restrictions on children under 18. They have been super excited and cute since he got home. Right now they are totally in love with him and curious about all his actions. I just wonder how long that will last.
I'm sure any updates right now will be few and far between, but I will try to post at least once a week.

3 comments on "He is Here!"

Unknown on December 12, 2009 at 9:43 PM said...

ohhh he is gorgeous!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

tripntwinmom on December 13, 2009 at 10:48 AM said...

Precious little man!

CONGRATS to all and enjoy your new bigger family! :)

Unknown on December 13, 2009 at 12:11 PM said...

Jamie, he is SO stinkin' cute! I can't wait to meet him! I'm coming over asap!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates