Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me!!


Today I turned 30! The big 3-0. The point in my life that I am expected to freak out about getting old and leaving behind my youth. Funny thing is, I couldn't care less. I have a theory that the people who freak out about turning 30 the most are those who are not sure what they want out of life. Those who made goals that are un-met. Or those whose life just isn't where they want it to be. I, thankfully, am not one of those people.

Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of things in my life I need to/want to change. But overall I have everything I could want. I have three beautiful, healthy children. I have a career of almost 10 years. I have great friends and family and a beautiful home. All of these things far outweigh any negatives in my life and for that I am grateful and not worried about turning 30.

Another bit of good news. I had my appointment with my neurologist yesterday. He is super happy that I have not had any further symptoms or flares since my diagnosis of MS 2 years ago. Usually even those who have controlled MS still have 2-3 flares per year. We also decided not to do an MRI since I was doing so well. I do need to stay very vigilant about possible symptoms though since I am still in my high risk 4-6 month post partem period for a severe flare. If I do start having symptoms I am to start steroids right away as a treatment. I am hopeful that I will be fine.
Tonight for my birthday the twins had a play date with our twin group. So for my birthday I got to spend the night with 50 twins and their siblings at a local bounce house and then enjoy a pizza party. To make up for it, tomorrow night my parents will take me out to a favorite restaurant for dinner and then come home to a delish Cold Stone Cake.
Here is a pic of the twins with their new shirts that my good friend Jenn sent for them, for their birthday. They were a big hit at the twin play date!


0 comments on "Happy Birthday to Me!!"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates