Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Is it really all worth it?


I have always wanted to be one of those moms who open the world to her children. As a result I feel like everyday we are non-stop because we have so many play dates, activities and special outings to attend. We all have fun and I have a million pictures to remember all these things, but in the end, will my kids be better off for it? Most days I think absolutely YES! They get to see and experience so much, heck I get to see and experience so much :-) Really the only thing I think about is they are so young, they won't remember any of this when they're older. I guess I need to make sure that I don't tire out any time soon and I'm able to keep up this sort of schedule well into their childhood. Added to all the above activities the twins are in a structured sport as well.

K&S started gymnastics this month. K is so interested and does so well. She loves to try the different skills and seems really in tune to her teacher. She follows the circuits and really seems to have a natural ability for this. S on the other hand just wants to play. He doesn't want to follow the structure of the class and gets upset when he is told to move to something else. Honestly I think if we just let him jump on the trampoline the whole time, he would be fine. I stuggled initially with keeping the twins in the class since S seemed to do so poorly, but in the end figured I couldn't sacrifice K's natural ability because of S's immaturity and signed them up for the month. I do see S making improvement every week so I think I made the right decision. When the twins are a little older I will let S choose another sport thats right for him.

Tonight we went to the YMCA and swam in a big pool. This was the twins first time and they loved it!! This of course has made the idea of swimming lessons creep into my head. I picked up an application form and will think about it. Part of me says this will be so good for them, but another part of me says NOT ANOTHER THING!!

Ah, the things we do for our kids :)

0 comments on "Is it really all worth it?"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates