Monday, July 11, 2011

Intentional Defiance


Do you ever want to run out and do something just because someone tells you, or assumes you can't?

Okay, I know that sounds immature, but sometimes it's how I feel. Today I heard my grandparents talking. I don't even know what about, but something must have been mentioned about me having more kids and they responded "Oh gosh no, she won't have any more"

Really?

It was kind of a puzzling response because I have never, ever talked to them about any of my TTC plans. I never went to them before the twins nor M and I haven't once mentioned my intentions since M. I assume they said it because they are old fashioned and probably don't really understand why I've done what I've done to this point, but it still really rubbed me the wrong way. And of course they aren't the first person I have heard say this. I have heard my mom also declare my 'being done' even though I HAVE told her that I would like more.

Maybe they think if they tell me enough that I'm done, or convince me that I can't have another I will start to believe them and truly be done. Well, the immature child in me wants to go run out and get pregnant just to 'show them!'

Of course I would never do that. Am I done? I don't know. I might be. Everyone here knows I want more, but also knows that I have several requirements for that to happen, and they haven't yet. In a few years I may decide I am done, or I may be pregnant again, but the only ones who will play a part in that decision will be me, and the needs of the three children I have now. NO ONE ELSE.

1 comments on "Intentional Defiance"

tripntwinmom on July 12, 2011 at 6:36 PM said...

Ummmm yea....

Will leave it at that...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates