Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Freaking Out a Little Less


So I called the insurance company and the reason they aren't paying is because this doctor is out of network! WHAT!? He came to me in the Emergency room of the hospital. I didn't have a choice in the matter!

Once I explained this, the insurance company will pay the $1200 bill since it was part of the ER visit, but will not pay for the 3 subsequent visits because I guess I was supposed to make sure he was in network before I took K to him. Whatever. I have no idea how much the visits will be but we have had three of them, so I hope not much.

We are supposed to see him again Monday but K is not getting any better, and I'm not paying out of pocket for an office visit just so he can refer us out. I will call tomorrow and see if he will either just go ahead and send us for the referral and/or schedule an MRI of her leg to see whats going on. Of course, if I do get that referral I will need to check and make sure it's covered.

It's sad...right now I should really only be thinking about K and getting her leg better, but I am consumed with worry about money. How screwed up is that?

1 comments on "Freaking Out a Little Less"

tripntwinmom on June 22, 2010 at 9:23 PM said...

Just ANOTHER thing to add to the list of the ZILLION things wrong with our current healthcare system.... UGH!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates