Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Ugh...Thanks for the Education


My mom watched the kids this past Sunday while I worked. While watching them she watched one of her true crime shows. You know the Dateline, 48 Hour Mystery ones where the wives kill their husbands. Well I guess the twins were with her because they started asking about 'killing' and my mom gave them a whole lesson on death. She included a lot of stuff like everyone dies; you get buried in a box; you die when your older, etc. This was not a good thing.

K has been worried since. She has asked me a few times if she's getting older. She worries that she will die before she can get a job or be a mommy. She said today that she needs to find a husband because if she doesn't, there will be no one to bury her when she dies. Many of these concerns are expressed while she is tearful and visibly worried.

I told my mom today what has been going on and my mom has the nerve to say that K has an anxiety problem and maybe needs counselling or medication! WTF? She's four and was given way too much information on a subject she can't process right now. I asked my mom not to do that again. She stated she wasn't going to lie to the kids. I told her I didn't expect her to lie, but the information she provides needs to be age appropriate. My mom just didn't understand and said I was shielding the kids from reality.

What is even more aggravating is the last time she watched them, my mom watched one of these shows involving a pregnant woman who was abducted and her baby stolen from her womb. How do I know this? K told me in vivid detail the story, peoples names, who went to jail etc. I talked to my mom after this incident and expressed some concern. K is a very smart little girl and is very aware of what is said around her. She sucks up everything like a sponge and I don't want her little head filled with this crap.

Sigh...why are mothers so difficult. I don't remember watching this kind of stuff when I was four?

0 comments on "Ugh...Thanks for the Education"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates