Saturday, January 16, 2010

A Scary Night


Last night M was very fussy. He cried for a few hours straight and by 1am I was exhausted. I put him in his pack n play and laid down beside him to try and get some rest. He continued to cry until about 5 minutes later when I heard an odd noise and then silence. I popped out of bed, turned the light on and found that he had thrown up all over, but that it was coming out his nose and M was beet red and not really breathing. I immediately grabbed him and wiped and suctioned out the vomit while he was freaking out. I was able to clear out his mouth and nasal passages but M was hysterical and his breathing was still a little off.

I watched him for about an hour. An hour where he was still crying off and on and every so often seemed to lose his breath. Based on the way he was acting I think he breathed in some of the vomit and was having a hard time clearing it. So...of course I didn't sleep well the rest of the night because I was constantly checking on M. He actually slept on my chest so that he was nearby and I would know if he started struggling again.

This morning he seems fine. I haven't noticed any breathing issues and he fed well. I hope this doesn't happen again. I'm sure it will be awhile before I put him down while crying...I don't think I could take that feeling of guilt again.

1 comments on "A Scary Night"

tripntwinmom on January 17, 2010 at 12:21 PM said...

Oh my! That is so scary. I am so sorry that you had to deal with that. Poor little guy... :(

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates