Monday, June 27, 2011

Tragedy


I found out yesterday that my dad's nephew was found dead last Friday. This nephew, B, was only in his early 20's. It is suspected that it is related to drugs or alcohol since B has been heavy into abuse the last few years. It's so sad that someone this young would allow their life to spiral down the way it did.

Sadder, in my opinion, is the continued 'tragedies' that have hit my dad's family. It seems like his family has been hit with a higher than normal share of really bad luck. So many who have been taken before their time...

My dad lost his grandpa at a young age from colon cancer
My dad lost his dad at a young age from pancreatic cancer
My dad lost his 3yo son to a rare form of bone cancer

Rick, my dad's only brother endured the loss of his grandfather and father, as well as
His wife who died very young from breast cancer
And now his only son from drugs/alcohol

My dad isn't particularly close to his family so while this is obviously a huge loss, my dad is taking it well. I, though, worry about his future. He has all this cancer history and I can't stand to think about him ending up with cancer. He has one daughter, T who I mentioned a few posts ago, who also suffers from alcohol and drug addiction and participates in some pretty high risk activities. It may be just a matter of time before something happens to T.

I hate to say it, I love my dad very much, but it's times like this when I am glad I do not carry his genetic code.

0 comments on "Tragedy"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates