Wednesday, July 14, 2010

7 Months and 4 Days



Yes, today M is 7 months and 4 days...and this morning he woke up throwing up :-( This is M's first illness; up until now he hasn't has as much as a sniffle. By the end of the day, the vomiting had stopped and he was his happy little self. Unfortunately, he now has diarrhea, but it seems as though this is a fast moving virus so hopefully he will be all better by morning.

Since we are talking about M, I might as well give you an update. At 7 months M is growing up way faster than I would like. He is sitting like a pro. One of his favorite things is to sit and play on the floor with his older brother or sister. He is also EXTREMELY close to crawling. He gets up on his hands and knees and rocks, but he is also able to pull and push himself where ever he wants to go. I very much consider him mobile now. M has also already mastered the art of pulling up on things. If there is something he can reach he tries to stand up next to it. S was walking by 10 months and I have no doubt that M will be the same.
M is also all about eating. Everything and anything he sees, he wants. He doesn't have any teeth but that doesn't stop him. I have pretty much given up and feed him bits and pieces of everything we eat. The little bugger won't eat baby food or rice cereal so I guess I won't be buying anymore of that. He does however enjoy the Gerber finger foods. I am so glad for this as it's the only thing that keeps him occupied when I am busy cooking dinner or something similar.
As far as personality, overall M is still a happy, laid back baby. He is very smiley and flirts with anyone who will give him any attention. He does tend to be clingy with me and is starting to have stranger anxiety. So far though, this has been minimal. Every few days he has a very cranky day. Given his age, and his desire to chew everything I am blaming that on teething along with his frustration with limited mobility. Everyone always comments about what a happy and content baby he is. I am very thankful for that.
Once the P family heads back home, M will be forced to sleep in his crib as I just don't think co-sleeping is safe anymore. I'm sure he won't like that one bit since he still wants to be nursed to sleep, but he will adjust. Maybe once he is in the crib he will start sleeping completely through the night vs waking for an early morning feed :-)
A girl can dream

0 comments on "7 Months and 4 Days"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates