Monday, July 19, 2010

We Have a Date


K finally has a date for her surgery. She will be getting her radio frequency ablation to her leg on August 11th. Her pre-op visit will be August 4th.

They have already told me that they will need to draw labs on the 4th so I have started to prep K a little. Needles are her biggest fear with all of this and I don't want her to think I am every being deceptive with her. The 4th will be very stressful for her.

On the 11th she will be given general anesthesia and a small incision will be made in her leg. A small drill will drill down into the tumor and a hot wire will be threaded into the tumor and heated to about 90 degrees Celsius for about 8 minutes. After that, the procedure will be finished. She should go home later that night and recovery will be fairly simple.

I hope everything goes well. I am tired of dealing with all this pain and mobility issues in my four year old. I am ready to put this behind us!

1 comments on "We Have a Date"

tripntwinmom on July 21, 2010 at 4:03 PM said...

Well, it IS a date, and I know that it makes you a WRECK as I have BTDT 20X with my Tobey. BUT, I also have seen K and know that life will be so much easier for ALL of you when this is done and behind you....

So, hang in there and know that you and K BOTH will be in my thoughts and prayers....

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates