Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My Growing Man, S


Between K's leg and M's first year, S has kind of gotten ignored recently. I wanted to take the time to talk about my little man.

In the last few months he has melted my heart with how awesome he has embraced the role of big brother. He loves to be around M. From the early days when he called his baby brother his 'little co-conut' to now his 'Maxie-poo'. S loves to play and watch M for me. S thinks it's totally awesome when M laughs at him or gives him his trademark grin and now that M is crawling, S couldn't be happier.

Today while I laid down I watched S play with M in the nursery. He showed M how to use all his toys. He put M on the bouncy zebra toy and when M started to fuss, S said "it's okay maxie-poo, I got you" He does things like this all day long and I can't help but grin when I hear them.

Things like this make me so happy because sometimes I get frustrated with S with his behaviour and lack of impulse control. I sometimes worry about how mature S is compared to his peers and fear how difficult the routine of school will be for him. But my worries completely dissapear when I see how in love he is with his brother; how S's gentle spirit and compassion shine through when he's with his brother; and how mature he really is when he is playing the role of big brother.

I imgine this relationship will only continue to grow when M starts to walk and then run. I have a feeling I will be yelling at the two of them real soon while they are covered in mud with a handfull of bugs. Nothing better than that :0)

1 comments on "My Growing Man, S"

tripntwinmom on August 5, 2010 at 8:17 AM said...

That is just AWESOME!!! I see that a lot in my Ty. My shy kid who really does NOT have a lot of friends in school, has been the BEST big brother EVER!!!! I really feared that my older kiddos would have no interest at all since they were so much older, but Ty has proved me wrong by being so terrific with B & B.

Go S! What a wonderful boy!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates