Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Phew...That Was a Long Day!


And to our surprise, since K is otherwise healthy, no lab draws!

Surgery is schedule for Wednesday. We will need to be there first thing. As long as there are no complications she should be able to go home late that afternoon. They are going to give her some Versed and then once she becomes 'super happy' they will put the gas mask on her and put her out before sticking any IV's or such into her which makes me happy. They did not plan on doing any biopsies so I did put in that special request which they said they would be happy to do (the cancer nurse in me just wouldn't be happy without one, and I'm not sure if I had said this before, but my step-brother died at the age of 4 from bone cancer, so this hits a little close to home).

We went an visited the Chidren's Hospital so K could see how fun it was. She saw a few of the playrooms and wanted to play today. I told her she would have to wait until next Wednesday, which might be a little mean, because I'm thinking she might not be able to visit next week being right after surgery. We had our special 'girls only' lunch at Subway and K got the cutest porcelain doll from the anesthesia department for being good

I also visited with financial and they said that my out of pocket was going to be about $1400! While thats crazy I was thinking higher so I guess it could be worse. They said I should apply for financial review because of my single parent status and the lady thought that between insurance discounts and some financial aid I may even be able to cut that amount in half.

The stupidist thing of the day is that it costs money to park in the parking deck - the only parking available - and they only take cash, which I did not know until I tried to exit the deck. I NEVER carry cash on me and I was only able to scrounge up $1 from the change compartment in the car. So now I have a stupid $3 IOU on my car for next week. UGH. Stupid deck only taking cash!!

1 comments on "Phew...That Was a Long Day!"

tripntwinmom on August 5, 2010 at 8:20 AM said...

Well, I am happy that the blood draw was not needed and that you might get a financial break. Heaven knows that you DESERVE it! That sucks about the parking crap. It is always so damn expensive in those garages. Ours has gotten so ridiculous ($13), that I just pay the extra $2 and valet it to avoid the hassle....:0

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates