Friday, August 20, 2010

Random Stuff


Just a few things going on here...

  • Will start with the positive. K has had no pain medicine for a week as of today. This is incredible. I am beyond thrilled that the surgery went well, her recovery was quick, and everything seems to be a complete success. It's so wonderful when everything goes the way it's supposed to.
  • For some reason my milk supply has dropped significantly. Different reasons could be the stress of the last few weeks with long days at the hospital (work and with K) and not being able to pump the way I should be. Also M's thrush could have affected it as well. I went and saw my lactation consultant and have started taking some things. Fenugreek (smells like maple syrup and will help in production) Supplements (with garlic and probiotics to help treat any potential thrush in my breasts) and a yummy batch of lactation bars (like granola bars with ingredients known to help production.) It seems to be working as I am pumping more milk. The pills are causing horrible heartburn though and when you are burping up pills that taste like garlic and maple syrup...well, let's just say it's interesting. I need to work on my feelings of guilt though, because I really only pump to donate milk and I am doing all this work to keep up a supply for the family I donate to. Sometimes I just need to take care of us.
  • I work this weekend - boo. My mom is here spending the weekend and watching the munchkins. It should go well since I will be spending most of the waking hours at work. I really do appreciate her help like this though since it saves me a ton on babysitting.
  • Next week will end on a busy note. Our twin consignment sale is next week and I have a ton of stuff to get rid of. I would love to sell everything because (1) I need the stuff out of my closets. I think I have 5 large containers plus big baby gear items, and (2) I would love to make enough money to pay for M's nine and twelve month portraits.
  • And on a bad mommy note...M fell of the chair tonight and hit his head :( He got a big bruised goose egg right away. This is his first major injury and he was pitiful. Makes me feel so horrible to letting it happen. I hope when he wakes up in the morning it doesn't look too bad.

0 comments on "Random Stuff"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates