Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We are School Bound!!!


On Tuesday I got a call around 11am. The twins had gotten into the More at Four program, their open house was that night, and they start Monday. Wow. Talk about little notice.

On Monday the twins will start their first year of school. It's a full day program that runs from 8a to 2:30p. They will get breakfast, snack and lunch there and will follow a state regulated pre-K program. The school is right down the street from us so it's very convenient.

My only problem is they separated the twins. Since I had so little time to even deal with the twins starting school I didn't even have time to talk to anyone with my desires. When I walked in the door to the open house, the director saw me and the first thing out of her mouth was...'I separated them'. I explained to her my dissatisfaction with that choice but didn't push to have it changed because I didn't want to be 'that mother' on the first day. We will see how it goes...but I'm thinking it will be a pain.

So far I am not sure on S's teacher. She is very quiet and from a first impression she seems kind of snotty. She didn't seem to make any true attempt to talk to S and didn't seem engaged with the kids much. We will see. I have been surprised on how off first impressions can seem and HOPEFULLY this is the case here. I am SUPER happy though that S's speech therapist from the last year will see him at his school. She was wonderful with S and he loved her.

K's teacher is actually a man, which I kind of like, and actually feel S could benefit from too. He was great with the kids, trying to engage them and talked to each of them one on one vs just talking to parents. He is actually the fiancee of an acquaintance of mine through the local mommy group. I had met him several time before but it took me a few minutes to place him when I saw him. My biggest concern for K is the food. They feed them, and I am not allowed to bring in outside food. Anyone who knows K knows that she is an EXTREMELY picky eater. I worry that there will be many struggles with food, but I guess it's something K will have to deal with.

I will take and post pics on Monday. Thankfully I am off their first 2 days of school so I will be able to see them off and pick them up. K and S are so excited and after the open house ask every few hours when they are going back. I hope the enthusiasm sticks with us for most of the year :o)

2 comments on "We are School Bound!!!"

tripntwinmom on August 28, 2010 at 5:45 AM said...

How exciting! I understand your concern with separating them... I went both ways on this. I had the triplets together when they started school at 3. Then, for PK, the boys stayed in 1 class and Taylar went to another. After that, they were separated through the rest of elementary which I HIGHLY recommend. It allows them a chance to be independent. Make their own friends....

Lori on August 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM said...

Wow, that was fast. On your picky eater... Try to get food in her in the morning and be prepared to feed her a big meal when she gets home. Most programs serve milk w/snack and w/lunch. If she'll drink that she'll at least get some calories. I know you'll be worried but she'll adjust. She may even try things for the teachers that she won't for you.

And, Congrats on getting in!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates