Thursday, March 18, 2010

How Does Everyone Know my Business?


I am honest and upfront on how I created my family to those who I consider my friends, or close acquaintances, but I find it amazing that so many people who I barely talk to know my story...or at least think they do.

Today I had two such examples, both at work:

Dr M comes to me and says he hasn't seen me in forever and how am I doing. I tell him I was on maternity leave and he is shocked saying he didn't know I was pregnant - side bar - Do you know how many people had no idea I was pregnant?? I mean I know I'm a big girl, but you saw my belly pics...how would you not know?? Anyway, back to the original story. Dr M, a doctor who I very casually work with asks "Did you do it the same way?" I replied yes and the responded with "The same guy too?" All I can say is awkward.

Then later in the day C, a very rare co-worker asks about the baby and then asks me about the cost. I ask her the cost of what and she states that she is curious about how expensive IVF is and wonders what I thought about the procedure. Um...I have never had IVF. I explained that I conceived my children by myself in my own home...but I don't think she got it. Actually most people believe that I have had IVF. I guess with twins the first go round it's a natural assumption. In fact probably one of the most frequent question when I had the twins was "How many eggs did you put back?" Not many understand that my twins were a spontaneous freak of nature :)

1 comments on "How Does Everyone Know my Business?"

Jenny H on March 19, 2010 at 7:23 AM said...

Wow! Those people are so rude! Although, I think that second woman was probably curiuos for herself. But still rude! Geez....I think people are facinated, and probably really look up to you.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates