Wednesday, March 3, 2010

My 12 Week Old is a Genius!



Since M is nearing the 3 month stage I am trying to move him into his room and crib (he had been sleeping in a pack in play in my room). He is now giving me a 6 hour stretch at night and since I went back to work last week I would like those 6 hours to be a well rested as possible. The problem...he is not liking the change and he is far too crafty for 12 weeks!

Last night I would hold/rock him until he was lightly asleep and then put him down. Within a few minutes he would be crying, but not the somethings wrong cry, but the I'm pissed cry. I go back to his crib and almost immediately I am met with huge, charming smiles. I tried putting my hands on his tummy or head until he falls asleep again, but with that he will grab onto my hand or fingers with a death grip so that he knows when I pull away to leave. When I hold or rock him, he grabs onto a pendant I always wear for the same result...he know when I put him down.

I really don't want to get into the habit of getting him asleep soundly before putting him down. 2 or 3 nights ago I gave in and brought him back into my bed just so that we could sleep. He fell asleep right away...and so did I. I know this is the worst thing because this is exactly what he wants. I am not against CIO but I think he is too young yet.

I hope after a few nights of this, he starts to get used to the new routine.

0 comments on "My 12 Week Old is a Genius!"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates