Saturday, April 17, 2010

Are You My Co-Co-Nut?



While pregnant I always imagined that K would be a great big sister. She would be maternal and want to help and hold her little brother. She would ooh and aah over him and be a little mama. Surprisingly, that is not the case, and it is S that has come out to be the super big sibling. Not that K doesn't love Max, she does, she just doesn't seem to bother with him much.

Watching S interact with M is heart warming. Sometimes it's like I fall in love with S all over again when I watch him with M. S absolutely loves being a big brother. He helps with dressing, getting diapers, whenever M fusses he runs to find him a soother. While S is a little leery of holding Max, he loves to 'babysit' him while I do the dishes, cook dinner, etc. Another favorite of S's is to sit and sing lullaby's to M while I rock him to sleep at night. When we sing "Mama's going to buy you a ...." we always substitute S for mama.
S also loves to play with M and make him giggle. I'm not sure where S came up with it, but he shakes little M's belly while saying "Are you my little Co-co-nut?" over and over while M just giggles away. It's an amazing thing to watch.
S has truly surprised me in his new role. He has embraced better than I ever could imagine. S is an AWESOME big brother and Max is beyond lucky to have such an amazing guy in his life. I hope this bond continues through out childhood since they will be the only two 'men' in the house, they will definitely need each other.

2 comments on "Are You My Co-Co-Nut?"

Lori on April 17, 2010 at 10:05 PM said...

That is sweet! Nice to see the brother bond so early.

tripntwinmom on April 18, 2010 at 8:03 PM said...

It is awesome! I see it with my guys and they are 10 years apart. Brennyn is so bonded with Tylor. It is just amazing. For me, I only dread the day when Tylor leaves as I know it will break his little heart....But, it is just an awesome thing for them to have each other! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates