Saturday, April 17, 2010

He Seems So Much Older!


This is what I hear on a daily basis. It hurts me every time I hear it as it reminds me of how fast my baby is growing.

M really does seem wise beyond his 4 months. And while this post may seem like a 'I think my kid is a genius' post, it's really not. I'm pretty confident that he's not a genius...but there are things that I have noticed that make me think, that at least for now, he has matured faster than the typical 4 month old.

From an early start people have always said he acted 'older', seemed more aware and alert. At just 2-3 weeks old he would track me around the room. If I put him on the bed, he would move his head to follow my movements around. If he was held by someone else and heard my voice he would immediately turn to find me. He often fussed in other people's arms and then became happy when I took him. Currently he is already making strange with people he doesn't know, and if held by family, I must be where he can see me, or he starts to cry.

As far as vocalization, he has also started this early. By two months he was cooing regularly, laughing slightly and mimicking. If I said 'hi' or 'mum' a few times, M would say the same. If I make a high pitched sound, M will repeat the sound. He 'talks' constantly. Maybe these skills aren't as early as I think, because the twins were speech delayed and didn't start this until MUCH later.

M has already mastered the art of manipulation...which K is the master of, so maybe it's in the genes :-) Again, at just 2 to 3 months of age M had figured out that crying got what he wanted. When I put him down he would cry and cry, but the second he saw my face, he would stop crying and put on big grins and start cooing. He wants to be held all the time, but not just held...walked. If you are holding him and sit down...the fussing begins.

Eating...I had fully planned on not feeding M solid food until at least 6 months, if not 12 months. Right now he is doing wonderfully with breast feeding, but the little guy is FIXATED on food. He watches every bite that goes in your mouth. He reaches for his and gets excited when he see it. This reaction does not come with toys, book, keys, whatever else I might have in my hands...only food. Yesterday he actually slammed his hand into my bowl of cereal and tried to put a handful into his mouth before I caught him. He got majorly ticked when I removed the cereal from him hand and the only thing that calmed him was making him think I was feeding him by putting an empty spoon into his mouth. Tonight, while at walmart, I bought some rice cereal. I am torn. On one hand I don't want to start it, but on the other he seems to want to eat so badly that I think he is probably ready for it.

Physically M is pretty much on target. Rolls from front to back, but not the other way (of course he would need to be on the floor for that) likes to stand assisted all the time, still pretty floppy when you sit him up (but he does well in the boppy chair and exersaucer) tries to pull himself into a sitting position if you put him on the floor. He is nosey as all get out so anything you do with him he needs to be able to see around.

I guess all in all he is doing well. Growing well and although not a genius, he does seem to be an intelligent little guy :-)

0 comments on "He Seems So Much Older!"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates