Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rain, Floods and Tornados


That pretty much sums up today. It started raining yesterday and still hasn't stopped. And this isn't the cute, droplet rain. This rain has been coming down hard for over a day. Everything around here is wet or worse, flooded. Half of my driveway was washed away. I just finished shovelling gravel from one end of my driveway to the missing middle part. The best part is, my driveway is about 500ft long. There have been reports of several tornadoes touching down but luckily no major damage or injuries. I'm not sure that will be said about the driving though. People are idiots and can't drive in any sort of weather. I think on my way to work I saw/heard about 15+ accidents.

On the trip from the parking lot to the hospital I got soaked from the knees down - even with an umbrella. My tennis shoes were soaked right through. Oddly enough, by the time I was ready to come home, my shoes were dry but my sock were not? Luckily the hospital has socks for patients so I went home in some snazzy green socks with rubber treads :)

Work was okay. A long day of scheduling and dealing with whiny people. If one more person comes to me asking for a day off I will strangle them. Really, I will.

1 comments on "Rain, Floods and Tornados"

tripntwinmom on August 27, 2008 at 8:47 PM said...

I hear ya! I deal with the same thing in my whiny teenagers. I called a parent today. Yes, only 3days into the school year and I called a parent. Sick of her insubordinate nasty kid. All questions were answered as to why he acted the way he did when the annoyed mother hung up on me! Yes, this is going to be one splendid year!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates