Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Birth Control and Stupid Women


Question: Is birth control really that ineffective...or are women just plain stupid?

I was asking this question at work the other day and I think everyone pretty much agreed on the answer.

I am the leader of a single mom group. Right now there are 5 of us who are pregnant. If you take me out of the equation, you have 4 single moms who are recently divorced, in unstable relationships, struggling to get by and/or had no intention of getting pregnant. So how is it that 4 women 'accidentally got pregnant' during such crappy times in their lives?

If you listen to my mom...she says that no women accidentally gets pregnant. They all either consciously or sub-consciously wanted to get pregnant. They needed something to love/love them, they are trying to hold onto a relationship that is failing, or they want to be pregnant. Now before you go and judge know that my mother had four 'accidental' pregnancies, so she does have some clue what she's talking about. I think for the most part, I agree with my mom. I have many married friends who have been married for years and years and have only gotten pregnant when they wanted to. I know single women with quite the active social life, who again have never been pregnant.

And yes, I know that in all likelihood there are women out there who used the pill like they were told, who used the condoms they should have and who used the appropriate method of birth control like they should have and still ended up with a little bundle nine months later. My point is, I think these women are few and far between. I think for the most part, my mom is right. Most of these women are 'wanting' this outcome, whether they truly realize it or not.

Okay...that's my social commentary for today :)

0 comments on "Birth Control and Stupid Women"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates