Monday, November 9, 2009

Doctors Appointment


Today was a busy day.

We started out with maternity shots done by a local photographer. She does amazing work and I hope that some of these pics turn out, but with the way the twins acted, I'm not so sure. They were such butt heads - and that's putting it nicely. I should get a preview later this week and my full CD next week.

Then I had to run to work for an all day meeting, but arrived late due to said photo shoot. Spent the rest of the morning/afternoon discussing things I really had no interest in all the while wishing I could crawl into a bed somewhere and take a nap.

Next was a doctor's appointment. I had decided that I wasn't going to have her check my cervix because it was so early and why go through the trouble. Well when I mentioned that I had some (TMI warning) blood tinged discharge this am, she wanted to check. Well, low and behold I am 2cm dilated and 60% effaced. Great! I have so much shit to do and now most likely only 1 or 2 weeks to do it in. I emailed my boss and told her that I would appreciate a lighter assignment because although I would LOVE to be not pregnant, I would like Max to hang around at least another two weeks to avoid a NICU stay. And surprise, I am now on weekly doctor visits and have orders to take it easy.

I will say that with the twins I walked around for three weeks at 3cm and 80% effaced and never went into labor so I'm not hugely concerned that labor is imminent right now. Of course, with the twins I wasn't working and didn't have toddlers and everything else I have to keep up with, and I'm sure this can make a difference.

So, I will try to take it easy....except for the million things I need to get done, the appointments I must keep, the gymnastic classes, the speech therapy and the general day to day goings on. That's easy...right?

1 comments on "Doctors Appointment"

tripntwinmom on November 9, 2009 at 8:44 PM said...

Yes. Keep that sweet little monkey in there for a little while longer as to try and avoid the NICU. Thinking regular nursery thoughts for you tonight!

Sending up big ((((HUGS)))

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates