Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Poor S!


Last night S was acting weird and touching his right buttock/thigh a lot so I finally pinned him down to take a look. The poor thing had a hard knot that was reddened and inflamed. I knew from my experience as a nurse that he had an abscess. At that time there was no 'head' to the sore but a small bump surrounded by very angry, red skin.

This morning while at work I called and made him an appointment. Luckily his nanny, Q, brought him to the doctor and I met them over there. The doc looked at it, confirmed my diagnosis and started him on antibiotics, warm compresses, neosporin and frequent warm baths. S was so brave letting the doc look and manipulate the sore. You could see by his body language that it hurt badly, but he braved through it. Doc claims it MRSA, although didn't take a culture (whatever). I was a little more relieved though, because by the time I saw S at the docs, the abscess had formed a white head and looked like it might actually drain on it's own.

When I got home I put a warm washcloth on his buttock and let it sit. I then removed the head's covering, much to S's pleas not to, and I was able to allow some of the contents to drain - YUCK! The applied neosporin and a bandage followed by some ibuprofen and antibiotics.

The poor boy is miserable, limping around the house and complaining that the doctor did not make his boo-boo feel better. Hopefully tomorrow he will feel some relief. I can't imagine how sore he is. That abscess is huge for his small body!

1 comments on "Poor S!"

tripntwinmom on November 19, 2009 at 9:34 PM said...

Oh my poor Sammy! That must REALLY hurt... Hopefully, he will have some relief now that you got lots of stuff out of it...

((((HUGS)))) to the little man...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates