Sunday, September 19, 2010

Does it ever boggle your mind...


When you think about the fact that you created, grew, delivered and then nurtured your children into who they are and who they are becoming?

It can literally make my head hurt when I try to understand the miraculous process that took place at conception and the following 38 weeks. Two small cells combine and start dividing. They begin to differentiate and create different structures. They must multiply millions of times, create hundreds of organs, bones, cells, etc and most of the time do it without any defect or error. This life grows from something invisible to the naked eye to a fully grown baby in such a short period of time (although it doesn't seem that way while pregnant).

This baby is born, and while fully dependant on me, it still has basic life function and like a sponge absorbs everything around it. In a few weeks they can see more, they start to smile, figure out how to move their limbs and start to observe the world around them. A few months and they learn to babble, laugh, interact and still figuring out how to move that little body. Nine months later they are crawling, sitting, laughing, standing and playing little games with you. They can already manipulate you into doing things they want; they have tempers; they have preferences; they have started to gain the confidence to explore the world around them without the constant support of mom.

How on earth can all this happen in 9 short months. Life at this age is really incredible. It is awesome that somehow my body created this child. That this beautiful, amazing, loving little boy who I love so much is here because of me. I often don't feel very proud of myself, or feel like I have contributed much to this world, but when I looked at Max, and his older brother and sister, I can't help but feel amazed with myself that somehow I did do something right. I did it three times. They really are the three best things that I have ever done.

1 comments on "Does it ever boggle your mind..."

tripntwinmom on September 20, 2010 at 6:22 PM said...

Amen to that!

To me, it is in those moments that I have to believe that there IS a higher power.... Something up there that helps to create something so wonderful....Fabulous...Awesome...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates