Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Let's Try to Find Some Positive...


My last few posts have been kind of negative so it's time to share some positive.

Today was M's 9 month well baby check-up. He did very well. Still a tall, lean baby. He is 19 pounds and 29". He is at or ahead of all his developmental milestones and there were no causes for concern. He got the first of two flu shots this year, which I really didn't want to do, but I felt since the twins were now in pre-school they were a much greater risk than when they were cared for at home. The twins will go this Friday for their first round and then I will be able to bring all three for their second shot in November. I'm thinking I might need reinforcements.

After his appointment I headed over to work for a few minutes (work is right across the street from the ped). Everyone at work loves little M and just melts all over him. I haven't brought him in since his 6 month visit so many people were shocked at how much older and bigger he was.

We then headed over to the shopping center to have lunch with an old friend who I just don't have time to connect with much. It was a great lunch. I am very glad that we planned this last week. It was exactly what I needed after the events of this week. After lunch we window shopped at the Toy Store and found some good Christmas Gift ideas for our kids.

I got back JUST IN TIME to pick the kids up from school. S was crying next to the wall when I got him. This is the first time there has been any problem. I asked him why he was upset and all he would say was he missed me. Sometimes he gets very sensitive and his feelings can be easily hurt. I imagine something hurt his feelings but it was just easier to blame on missing me. I hope this doesn't cause any problems with his desire to return to school tomorrow.

My day was almost ruined by N when we came home. S had a handful of papers in his hand that I needed to look at. When we walked through the front door, N told S to give her the papers and she sat down and started to read them. WTF? They aren't for you! I took them from her and told her they were for me. They included all of S's speech work and the Calendar for October/November. When I finished reading them, I put them on my desk and N had the nerve to tell S to get them and give them to her! I so wanted to get into it, but instead I took the kids upstairs for a late nap.

My sister J came over a little bit later and cooked some special soup for dinner that K LOVES! So that was nice not having to cook. She hung out for awhile and the visit was nice. The kids like seeing her and since she doesn't come often, she pretty much hold Max the entire time which allows me to do some stuff.

As I write this all three kiddos are in bed sleeping, and I think once I finish the dishes, I will head there myself. Work tomorrow, but then off again Friday.

0 comments on "Let's Try to Find Some Positive..."

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates