Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Is It Just Me...


Or do you find it rude when someone commits to something, and then backs out for frivolous reasons.

I admit that I take commitment to a high level. It is extremely important to me that you follow through with what you say you're going to do. Regardless of what that commitment is, if you say you're going to do it, and you don't, I have a really hard time maintaining a relationship with that person. Some of it I think is common courtesy, but I think I can also make it a bigger issue because of my trust issues.

Today was a perfect example. This Birthday Party that I mentioned yesterday. Long story, but we did end up going. The event was on FB so I could see that 8 people had RSVP'd. It was a Birthday/Playdate for a little boy who turned one yesterday. The invite went out about a month ago, and most the RSVP's had been there for a few weeks. Today, only me and one other person showed.

I felt horrible for E. She planned this event to celebrate her son's huge milestone and only 2 of her friends came. And I'll be honest, me and the other girl who came, aren't even that close of friends to her. Reasons others didn't come - Doctors Appointment; Other Appointment; Morning Got Busy; Child Not Feeling Well (totally understandable) and 2 who just didn't come. And the worse thing, they posted this on FB just this morning but never bothered calling E personally to tell her. So I actually was the one who mentioned it because I had to go on the page this morning for directions to her home.

To me this is incredibly rude and if this happened to me, I would be pissed. Those who had appointments had known about the party for weeks, and even if nothing could be done about the scheduling of said appointments, I'm sure they realized the conflict before this morning. Morning got busy - WTF?! And then 2 no shows...extremely rude.

I am so glad I went. It was pretty uncomfortable being there because of everyone who didn't show. I just hope her friends make it up to her. I know if I were her right now I would be pretty upset.

0 comments on "Is It Just Me..."

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates