Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Nine Months


Oh, where has the time gone. How on earth has nine months passed since I gave birth to my beautiful third child. I used to always say that time flew when the twins were babies, and it did, but this time it has gone by even faster. I guess the constant appointments, play dates, work, school, activities etc have eaten up the days more quickly than I'd like.

Max is still in his recent phase of crankiness and clingy-ness but I think he is getting better. He is still ultra cute and when held, has a wonderful and charming personality. As time goes by, the dark haired, olive skinned baby has turned it a clone of his big brother. No longer as dark, his hair has lightened to a fair brown and his skin has turned as fair as his siblings. His eyes appear dark but when it the light often look greenish.

Physically he is crawling and pulling up everywhere. Initially I had bet that Max would be walking by the end of September, and he still might, but since his recent desire to always be held, he hasn't quite gotten the practise he needs. He does stand on his own, but he is not cruising near as much as I thought he would. Baby gates are starting to be visible in the house again, and once Max does decide to walk, as well as attempt the stairs he sits and stares at on a daily basis, more gates will be installed. He is clapping, kind of waving and pointing. He shakes his head 'no' but I'm not sure if he completely understands the gesture. He loves to throw, smack, and make as much noise as possible.

Max loves his older siblings. He thinks they are great little people and often tries to be their shadow. He loves it when they play with him or share their toys. So far the twins are accepting of this attention, but I have a feeling once he really starts moving they may grow tired of his admiration. He still loves his mommy, sometimes a little too much. He loves to be held and carried in his wrap.

Napping is still hit or miss. He will not nap on his own which means he only takes a few cat naps during the day. I would love for this to change but it is what it is. If I lay down with Max in the bed, he will sleep for two to three hours...I just need to be there with him. Sometimes I don't mind, as it means I get to have a nap too, but other times I would love for him to nap while I get some stuff done. At night he sleeps very well. Goes down about 8p and sleeps straight until 7a the next morning. Most nights, he goes down without any problem.

Max loves to eat. He is veracious. He wants and eats everything. At times I think he feels his only purpose in life is to eat. No one can eat or drink anything without him having a fit to get some. It's both odd and comical. Sometimes I worry because he is so obsessed with eating, but he is still a tall and slender baby. He still nurses every three to four hours, but I think he would give up the day time feedings if I let him. We will continue to one year and then I will probably let him wean to just night and comfort feeding. I would have liked to go longer, but it's obvious Max just isn't that into it.

Today Max had his nine month pictures with our fav photog. Hopefully I will get some sneak peaks soon and I will be sure to share :)

1 comments on "Nine Months"

tripntwinmom on September 16, 2010 at 5:02 PM said...

They DO grow so fast.....

Trust me... I KNOW!! My triplets are about to be in high school and I just CANNOT even believe it!!!!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates