Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Highs and Lows of This Weekend


Saturday:

Ugh. About once a month I have a day where I am so exhausted that I can't even make myself get out of bed. These are horrible days. Not only because of how bad I feel physically, but because of the guilt I feel as a mom. On these days I literally lock myself and the kids into the nursery - the only 100% baby proofed room - and lay on the floor while the kids play around me. It kills me to know that I do this. I mean I know the kids are safe this way, but what kind of memories am I creating for my kids. It makes me think about adults who describe their alcoholic parent passed out on the couch while they play. I hope when my kids are old enough to understand MS and it's potential side effects, they will forgive me for these days.

Around 1pm I was able to force myself out of bed and got everyone ready for a party the kids had been invited to weeks before. Luckily I had already created K's costume so there really wasn't much to get together before we had to go. It was a super hero theme. S went as Spiderman and K went as 'Super K_idyn" I actually made her costume. Not bad eh?


And of course, since I had spent all morning in bed, when it came time to sleep that night, it didn't happen. I at least used the time to clean the house and was able to watch the season premier of Saturday Night Live which was pretty funny.

Sunday:

Migraine. I woke up with the right side of my face and eye throbbing. I knew part of it had to do with what had happened Saturday, part of it because we went from mid 90's to mid 70's in 24h and part of it because I hadn't had a diet pepsi in over 24 hours. I took some meds and went on with the day.

My parents came to visit today so I kept myself busy in the morning with continued cleaning, working on the 6 plus loads of laundry that needed to be done and getting some things organized. My parents got there at 11a and brought us some lunch. The twins are really digging their grandparents lately so they had a blast hanging out with them. I was even able to sneak away for a few minutes to go buy some diet pepsi to try and make my head quit hurting.

My parents brought the kids some silly string. Being a total kid myself :0) I called S down and told him he needed to see something. When he came around the corner I got him! K quickly followed the commotion and we had a good old silly string fight. Although it was a pain to clean, it was fun.


When my parents left at 3p I took all the kids upstairs and we had a nap. Finally, waking up about 2 hours later, my head was pain free. We went to Subway for dinner since there was nothing in the house (grocery shopping tomorrow!) and then came home to our new Sunday routine.

1 comments on "The Highs and Lows of This Weekend"

tripntwinmom on September 26, 2010 at 8:42 PM said...

((((HUGS)))))

You gotta do what you gotta do Momma. Do NOT feel bad about it. They WILL understand.... You do SOOOOOOOO much for/with them.... Do NOT worry about 1 day a month....

LOVE K's costume BTW! Too too cute!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates