Sunday, November 7, 2010

At Least I Had a Break from the Kids...Right?


This past weekend was the Twin Mom Convention. Initially this was going to be a whole weekend away with my friends and away from the kids. It changed a bit though because my parents home, which was just down the road from convention, and where everyone was going to stay, sold suddenly and became unavailable. Since the club paid for my registration, I didn't want to not go, so instead I left early Saturday morning, spent the day and then left very late that night.

Well, while I did overall enjoy my time away, it wasn't without some hurt feelings and some dicey moments.

When I first got there, I was a little taken aback when I sat down with my group, 7 women including me, and they all had matching hats with pictures of their kids, their name in glitter, other decorations, etc. I was never told of any of this. You would think if we were all going to convention together, and we were going to all wear the same thing, all members of the group would be included. Just as I was about to get over this initial hurt, we walk upstairs to the room, where the door is decorated to represent our group. Again, it's filled with every ones names, pictures of their kids and in the center is a photo shopped picture with 6 showgirls with the groups heads pasted on...one guess which mom was excluded. For about the first hour I felt like turning around and going home. I didn't feel included...or really all that wanted, but I stuck it out.

That evening the entire convention went on a river boat cruise. That was pretty entertaining. Unfortunately I pretty much had to stay seated in a chair along the top deck, because anytime I attempted to walk around I got dizzy and queasy, but it was still fun watching everyone dance, have fun, and get totally drunk :0P

After the cruise we headed over to a local restaurant for dinner - 10p by this time - and 6 of us ate and talked (one had a little too much to drink and stayed at the hotel to sleep it off). This was probably the best part.

So in the end, I did have a little break. Am I glad I went...well since I won the convention free, sure. But if I had to have paid the $80 to go...I would have just stayed home.

1 comments on "At Least I Had a Break from the Kids...Right?"

tripntwinmom on November 8, 2010 at 8:54 PM said...

Well, that is rude and uncalled for... :( You do NOT just exclude someone who is with your group like that. You are too nice. I would have had to call them out on like. "Hey, how come no one told me about the hats?"
((((HUGS)))))

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates