Saturday, November 27, 2010

Mr McClingy


I love my little man but he is seriously driving me crazy :oP

M is super clingy. All day he wants to be in my lap, in my arms, right next to me. If he is sleeping he expects me to be next to him. I can't leave the room without him flipping out. As far as M is concerned, we are one person.

I assume that this is normal. He breastfeeds and we do co-sleep fairly frequently, and I know both these activities do create a more intimate and co-dependant bond. He is just about to turn one and I know others have said that this age does have some clingy features. It's just tiring. I can't get much of anything done. I can't do anything for more than a few minutes without M having a complete meltdown. I have mentioned before that he does not nap unless it's on me or beside me, so I don't even have that time to do things.

You know, the twins were not like this. They obviously did like me being in the room with them, and did have anxiety if I left them, but they didn't require 100% of my attention every waking minute. They were happy to play and entertain themselves and each other. Now, maybe it was their personality, but if they were like this because they were twins, and had each other, I am starting to re-think the idea that one baby is easier than two.

Now M was a very happy laid back baby and didn't give me any of the hassles of colic, reflux or poor night sleeping so he definitely gets points for being the easier baby. But I have a sneaking suspicion that he will be the more difficult toddler, not because he is more difficult per say, but because he doesn't have that special little built in buddy that the twins had.

Maybe twins again wouldn't have been so bad...

0 comments on "Mr McClingy"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates