Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Black Cloud


It seems like our family is under a black cloud when it comes to our pets. It makes me wonder...what is next?

Our family has three dogs. Maddy is mine, and Jessie and Tigger are my parents, however Maddy and Jessie came into the family when I still lived at home, so they both seem more like every ones. Tigger was added after I moved out, but still is around enough that there is a bond, especially with the twins.

Well about 2 months ago, Jessie had to be put down due to a large bladder tumor. She was nine years old. My dad took the loss harder then any of us thought he would, but he seemed okay within a few days. Jessie was cremated and her ashes spread at my parents cabin, which was one of her favorite places.

About 2 weeks after this, my mom hit a dog with her car. The dog was unleashed and ran across the road after dark. My mom called the police and the dog was taken to an emergency vet, but the feeling is that most likely the dog would have been put down.

About two weeks ago, my dad brought Tigger to the vet to evaluate some nodules under her front leg. The vet wasn't sure what they were but wanted to remove them. Last Tuesday, November 9th, Tigger underwent surgery to remove the nodules. Yesterday my dad got the news that they were an aggressive form of cancer. Tigger is only six. Right now, since Tigger is pain free, very active and showing no sign of illness, we will wait and see what happens. But, sadly, the day will come, hopefully not any time soon, that Tigger will also have to be put down.

And then of course Maddy being attacked on Sunday. She is doing better. Still mostly stays in one spot, but she is eating better, drinking and when she does get up to move, she doesn't seem nearly as sore. She is still on pain meds around the clock and antibiotics. Tomorrow I will remove her drains. Everyday she looks a bit better.

The twins had to process the loss of Jessie and will have to do the same with Tigger eventually. I'm hoping nothing else occurs with Maddy. I would hate for the kids to lose three dogs so closely together.

0 comments on "Black Cloud"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates