Sunday, November 14, 2010

Ouch...Poor Maddy!




Today while at work, my dad had the dogs out in my backyard. One of the neighbors has a German Shepherd and out of nowhere, the dog made a bee-line towards my dog and started to attack her. Luckily my dad was there, and as he fought off the other dog, Maddy was able to get away. Initially my parents felt that the wounds were superficial and that they would heal on their own, but soon after realized that Maddy needed to be seen by a My dad took her to the emergency vet. My dad still only thought that Maddy would just need some stitches, but that was quickly proven wrong.

She had to undergo surgery to clean out and debride 5 different wounds. She has drains in two of them, and sadly has to wear that horrible cone thingie. She is on three different meds, including pain pills, anti-inflammatories and antibiotics.

Initially the people said they would pay for her bills, but now are complaining that they don't have the money right now. My dad felt that they took the situation seriously, but then they haven't returned any calls since Maddy has been home from the vet. My dad asked them to come and see Maddy so that they would know exactly how bad the attack was. So far, no response.

My parents filed a police report and animal control will be notified in the am. So far, all people are saying is that a report will be filed. I can't wait to talk to them, because I am not happy with just a report. I would like something more to happen. I am extremely upset. Not just because my poor dog was brutally attacked, but because this could have been one of my children. The twins play in the backyard all the time. I am now terrified that this dog may come around again and something much worse could happen.

Once I talk to the police and animal control, I will follow up with the owners of this dog. I will be honest though, I will not be happy with anything less than having the dog removed from my neighborhood. I have already prepared myself that this outcome is highly unlikely, but something more than paper work needs to occur.

I WILL NOT WAIT for this to happen again.

0 comments on "Ouch...Poor Maddy!"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates