Wednesday, December 22, 2010

2700 Ounces


With another 600 or so in the freezer :o)

Breastfeeding with Max is still going great. He nurses several times during the day and, if you ask me, too many times during the night. He still seems to love nursing especially when sleepy or needing some comfort. He has even figured out how to tell me he wants it. The only thing that drives me nuts is he wants to nurse for 2 minutes...then pops off and wanders off for a minute or two...then comes back to nurse again. I'm told this is very common for his age, but obnoxious none the less.

I have actually stopped pumping except for when I'm at work. I was so tired of that pump. Max never really used any of my pumped milk. It mostly went to donation and now that he's one and can have whole milk, I made the decision to say good-bye to the pump. So, this will also mean that once my 600 ounce freezer supply is gone, there will be no more donations.

I had donated 2300 ounces to the mom I had committed to way back when. Her daughter seemed to do great with a combo of my BM and formula. I had been pretty consistent with a monthly donation to her. Well when I emailed her this month saying I had a box, but to help with the cost of bags I was asking $15 to replace the cost of the bags (this is not close to enough, but I figured it would help). I never heard back from her. I am kind of miffed right now as I have donated this woman so much milk over the last 6 to 7 months. She was never overly appreciative, but did say thank you. I am trying not to jump to conclusion about her, but it sure does seem like she's uninterested now just because I asked for the $15.

So in the meantime, another mom I know mentioned she was out of donor milk. I made her the same offer and she jumped at it! She even mentioned that the $15 was not enough and was I sure I didn't want more. So today I donated 300 ounces of milk to a new mom with a 4 month old son. I mentioned that I had two more boxes in the freezer and to call me if she had a need again. This mom seemed so much more appreciative for the 300 ounces than the other mom with the 2400 ounces!

So, that means as of right now I have helped 3 other babies, besides Max, with their first year of nutrition. That feels very good. Kind of crummy that I couldn't do that for the twins, but I'm glad that I got this amazing opportunity.

0 comments on "2700 Ounces"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates