Saturday, December 25, 2010

A Great Christmas Day


My parents arrived Thursday night to stay with us this holiday weekend. Because I had pulled strings to go to Florida for Christmas 2008, and then was out on maternity leave for Christmas 2009, I was scheduled to work Christmas Eve, Day and Sunday. Pretty sucky, but at least my parents agreed to help out.

I worked my 12 hours on Christmas Eve, and since I was scheduled for Christmas Day, the kids opened their presents on the 24th. It was a late night since I didn't get home until 8pm, but obviously the kids didn't care.



Despite the pictures, I did really well sticking to my budget this year. I spent just over $100 on each of the twins and I didn't really buy anything for Max - he didn't need anything considering his birthday was 2 weeks ago.

S got many of the Imaginext gifts he was wanting. He also got some tools and fake wood sets that have made him very imaginative. S is also my science/biology kid and got some great books on Dinosaurs and other animals. He seemed very happy with his gifts.


K, who is much more difficult to buy for, got many arts & craft supplies, some super cute shoes and her favorite gift, an MP3 player. She is such a music lover and this gift was a big hit. She also got some books, dolls and an Aqua Sand kit she had been wanting.


The Mook was just as happy to walk around and play with the wrapping paper, boxes and toys of the twins. He did receive some cute wood puzzles from Grandma and Grandpa and some new socks and weebles in his stocking.

After all the chaos of Christmas Eve, we went to bed and unfortunately Max spent most the night up and not feeling well. Him and I didn't fall asleep until almost 4am Christmas Morning. So, when work called me at 5am to tell me they didn't need me, not only was the gift of spending Christmas Day and awesome one, but with the lack of sleep it really was a great thing!!

The only thing that sucked was the $280 I got for Christmas from Family and Friends will all be spent on a pump repair :0( Sometimes it sucks being a grown up.

0 comments on "A Great Christmas Day"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates