Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Migraines


In the past few months S has occasionally complained of his head hurting. I never paid too much attention to it because it didn't seem to impact his activity and I have migraines all the time, and I thought he might just be saying it because I do.

Well yesterday his school called at 11:30a to pick him up because he had been vomiting. I went and got him. He threw up 2 more times before falling asleep on the couch. He slept for about 3 or 4 hours and when he woke up..he bounced out of the chair, said he was all better and his head didn't hurt anymore. He ate and drank a ton of food right away - despite my telling him not to - but he didn't get sick again and his behavior was completely at baseline.

I would say that these events are very suspicious for a migraine. I get them regularly, but only rarely the severe ones that cause me to vomit violently and confine me to the bed. My mom gets them extremely frequently to the point that she is on preventive meds as well as prescription meds for when the headache hits. In addition, I looked at the profile for the donor and saw that his mother was also a sufferer.

His rapid recovery just seems so unlikely for an illness especially with no after effects like weakness or continued queasiness. He didn't sleep much the night before, since he fought sleep until past 11pm and then had to be up for school. I know for me, lack of sleep is a definite trigger.

He has his yearly appointment in March, and I will discuss this with his ped, but until then I really hope for him that this is going to be a rare occurrence. I can't imagine suffering through migraines at the age of four :0(

0 comments on "Migraines"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates