Monday, February 28, 2011

Sending Out Some Hugs


Sometimes it seems that my friend J and I live parallel lives. Our day to day challenges, joys and rewards are so similar. We agree on most things and seems to have very similar approaches to life. She might have two more kids than I do, but I think we share the 'same' life thousands of miles apart.

Things have been knocking her down too. More substantial things. She shares the same financial challenges and the day to day chaos of being the best mom she can be, but on top of that she has had a child in the hospital for weeks now. Work, Hospital, Home. Work, Hospital, Home. Throw in managing the household and day to day activities for the other four kids and I have no idea how she does it. She is, in a word, Supermom.

But all these stessors have taken their toll. She had been working towards adopting a sweet little boy in a Russian orphanage. Her spirit has been battered and she now feels like this door needs to be closed. Yet another similarity we share as I just posted a few days ago that I need to place my adoption plans on hold right now.

While my plan was in the very beginning stages, her's was much further. She had a name, a picture, and a connection. I can imagine how much her heart hurts right now. I am sending her some cyber hugs. I hope that things change and you can return to little N. In the meantime I hope you can find a way to heal and come to peace with your decision.

2 comments on "Sending Out Some Hugs"

tripntwinmom on February 28, 2011 at 7:55 PM said...

Thank you so much dearest friend....
While my heart does feel very sad right now, I have to go with what is best for my family. There is no way that we can swing an adoption right now. The finances, as you know all too well, have not come through as I hoped, and the medical nightmare recently has just shown that we cannot take on this right now....
If things change, you also know that I will be the first in line at that orphanage to sweep that sweet little boy out of there, but right now I need to try and find comfort in the thought that God WILL find a loving family for N even if it is NOT ours.... :(

That is all I can do at this very moment....

Unknown on March 1, 2011 at 5:27 PM said...

praying for your friend Jamie...and you too, always! <3

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates