Thursday, February 17, 2011

Ugh...I Have Been Hit by a Truck!


It crept up on me Tuesday night. A little tickle in my throat and the inability to clear it with a gentle cough or sip of water. By Wednesday morning when the alarm went off at 6am, it was certain. I felt miserable. The winter of never-ending illness was at it again and I was sick.

I got myself together and headed to work. See, with my job you have to call out at least 2hours ahead of shift start. Well I start at 7am which means I have to call out by 5am. But my alarm goes off at 6am. See my dilemma. I don't really understand how people make it work, but I guess others have figured it out. In ten years I have probably called out 5 or 6 times...so I do not yet have a system.

I trudged through 12 long, miserable hours and came home. Put the baby to bed. Put the twins to bed. Put myself to bed. As I feel asleep the shaking chills and fever sweats started. I went in and out of sleep for the next few hours. Finally I looked at the clock. 1am. I called out of work, rolled over and went back to bed. Q came at 6:30am, I told her I wasn't going to work and I would be in my room. I checked out and didn't wake again until almost 2pm. When I woke up, I forced myself to rejoin the world of the living.

I think the day of sleep was exactly what I needed. While I am still not feeling well tonight (Thurday) I feel semi normal. What I thought was the flu, really couldn't be because I recovered too quickly, and is more likely a cold that came on hard. I no longer have fevers, chills or aches, but rather just a runny nose and occasional cough. The quick semi-recovery is GREAT since the twins have a birthday party tomorrow and I need to have my game on!

0 comments on "Ugh...I Have Been Hit by a Truck!"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates