Saturday, February 5, 2011

She's a Big Girl Now


K had her first 'drop off' party today. Every party until now has been for a child of a friend of mine. They have all been for both S and K and I have stayed with this. Today was a new day.

With the twins now being in school and their own class, I knew this day wasn't far. K was invited to a tea party Birthday for one of her friends. This family lived on the opposite side of town - I'm not sure why on earth they go to K's school! - and I had never met them. When I called to RSVP the mom told me I was welcome to stay, which put me at ease, but I explained to her that that would mean two extra children as well, and I didn't want to impose.

So this evening I dropped K off at her party. She was all dressed up in a pretty dress for tea. She was excited to do something that S was not. I left my name and cell number with the mom just in case and off I went. So S wouldn't feel left out, me and the boys went to McD for dinner for a "Mom and Boys" night. We sat and hung out. S thought it was funny when I tried to make conversation with him. He told me that we didn't need to talk.

When we picked K back up she had a good time. There were many kids there and other parents who I had seen at the school dropping kids off. I am glad she went. I am glad I let her go and didn't let my mom paranoia get the best of me. Another big step in the growing up process.

1 comments on "She's a Big Girl Now"

tripntwinmom on February 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM said...

WooHoo!

I am glad that she had fun and that you got a "guys night" with the boys.... :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates