Tuesday, September 22, 2009

ARGH!


Today has been kind of a crappy day. In general, Tuesday's are not great days because of our schedule.

S has speech therapy at 8:15am. Some probably wouldn't see this as bad, however me and my guys are usually still in bed asleep at that time when I don't work. So we have to set the alarm, get up, rush to get ready and out the door we go. Therapy ends at 9:00am and then we have gymnastics at 10am. Well, it's not worth going home because gymnastics is across town, but it also doesn't take us an hour so we are stuck killing time. Last week we went to breakfast and this week we just killed time sitting in the car. I need to figure out something more productive to do, but the problem is we are just talking 30 or so minutes and speech nor gymnastics is really close to anything.

But today was extra crappy because of a damned unexpected expense...yes another one. September has been a really crappy month for my budget.

Yesterday, my sister J was kind enough to watch the twins while I grocery shopped. I took advantage of this opportunity and decided to buy a TON of stuff in hopes that I wouldn't have to shop again for at least 2 weeks. My pantry and freezer were packed full. Well today after nap I notice that someone has left the freezer door cracked open and everything inside is starting to thaw. I shut the door and tried to set the freezer on super cold. The fridge never turned on :( So either the door being open burned the motor, or it was coincidence. Well I tried to wait it out a few hours to see if the motor would kick back on...it didn't. So 7pm I am packing the kids up to head to Walmart to buy one of those small deep freezers to save my $300 of stored food.

Now, maybe you'll remember that I did plan on buying one of these at some point for freezing my breast milk, but of course that would have been when I had the cash, not tonight. I am praying that my freezer is working by tomorrow morning and I don't have to start thinking about a new fridge. This one is only about 6 years old and was one of those friggin expensive ones...so it better not be fried!

1 comments on "ARGH!"

tripntwinmom on September 22, 2009 at 7:57 PM said...

I was just thinking that your fridge was pretty new...

Crappola! Let's hope it kicks on in the morning...Mine has cut off when it was left open before and then it kicks back on...

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates