Tuesday, September 1, 2009

A Long Pregnancy Update


So I thought I would give you all an update on where I am with the pregnancy.

I will start with today. I had a follow up US and it showed that my placenta has moved up nicely. This should mean that an attempt at a vaginal delivery should now be possible. We did not reassess the cord entry on this US, but Max is weighing about 1lbs 5oz putting him in the 40th percentile with growth. I am happy with this, as S was always about the 40th while K sat around the 10th. I think Max, like his siblings, will be tall and skinny. I will still get monthly US to assess for growth, but for now, everything looks good.

I also talked to the OB (not mine, she was out sick) about the H1N1 vaccine. This vaccine really scares me as it was produced in a response to panic, not clear thinking. But after talking to her, I think I will break down and get myself vaccinated. By the time it's available, I will be about 30 weeks pregnant which means the likelihood of anything happening to Max from the vaccine is slim. I am still very torn on what to do with the twins.


My nausea is hardly an issue. I mean I do feel a little nauseous most days, but I have only needed to take a Zofran once or twice the past few weeks. I can't believe how good that feels. I still worry a little that it may come back, but overall I am enjoying the relief. Now I wish this fatigue would ease of some and I would be in good shape.


With this pregnancy I am experiencing symptoms I never had with the twins...which is odd since you'd think with two babies, I would experience every symptom. I pee all the time, I already have a hard time sleeping and I feel CONSTANT movement...that last one of course is pretty cool. The one symptoms though, that I wish would go away is swelling. I never swelled up with the twins. This time, by the evening my feet have 3 to 4+ pitting edema and hurt so badly. I swear it feels like my skin is just going to split open. My blood pressure has been checked and is holding at a normal level (118/80 today) so it's not an eclampsia issue...just my luck I guess. At least at work, my shoes seem to keep the fluid from pooling, so I'm not too uncomfortable there.


Here is a pic of my swollen feet, but quite honestly I don't think this picture does it justice





My other issue is SPD (symphysis pubis dysfunction) I developed this with the twins around 26 weeks. When your pregnant your pelvic ligament stretch and separate to accommodate the passage of the baby through the birth canal, well with spd, you have such relaxation, your pubic bone actually separates from itself. Not uncommon with multiples. Well mine was so bad with the twins, they thought I may need PT or even surgery to fix the issue. After the twins I seemed to heal well and except for a little flair when they were about one, I had figured it was healed.

I guess not, since at about 15-17 weeks this time the intense pain started again. It is a constant shooting pain which makes all movement painful and sleeping in a bed unbearable at times. I am hoping again for a quick post partem recovery, but the thought of 16 more weeks of this is daunting at times.

So, anyway, despite the spd and the swelling, this pregnancy is tolerable. I'm still not one of those glowing, happy, celebrating the miracle of life pregnant women, but I am happier than I was at this point with the twins. I am appreciating the cooler weather (yeah 70's!) and with school starting up and talk of upcoming events and holidays, I am hoping the next 16 weeks fly by :)

Here is a 24 belly shot just for fun. Keep in mind I hate pics of myself, so you all are very lucky :P

1 comments on "A Long Pregnancy Update"

tripntwinmom on September 3, 2009 at 8:19 PM said...

OMG! It has only been like 2 months since I have seen you and your belly has REALLY popped! You look GREAT! I am so happy for you that you are not as sick and that you are able to enjoy this pregnancy a little more than the twins...Max will be here before you know it! :)

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates