Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cars and How they SUCK


I have always had new cars, which I guess makes me lucky. When I started Nursing School my parents bought me and CRV (which I loved!) and they made the payments until I graduated school. I remember the oil changes and gas, but not so much the maintenance. Maybe it's because I still lived near my parents and my dad did them? Maybe it's because it was a Honda and therefor more reliable? I honestly don't know.

In January 2007 I bought a 2006 Kia Sedona which I have been happy with, but yesterday I finally brought the car in to be looked at. I had a list of issues that needed to be addressed, all of which should have been under warranty. Despite trying very hard to find a day I could go without a car, I couldn't find one, and also had to get a rental for the time the car was in the shop.

So yesterday I dropped it off late afternoon and picked up a rental. This morning I get the dreaded call. The warranty items will be fixed, but of course parts need to be ordered so I actually have to bring the car back for them - ARGH. The problem came when he said that they did a full diagnostics and the following needed to be addressed:!

Tires, alignment, fluid flushing, brakes, transmission service, filters...blah, blah, blah...

Yep...all of that totalling about $900!! HOLY SHIT! My car just has 28,000 miles on it, I figured I had years before big bills like that. I didn't authorize all of it, but the tires and brakes will get done. Filters and Oil Change will be done. And I guess at some point so will the warranty issues I thought I was bringing the car there for.

Like I need that bill right now.


ETA: At 5:33pm I get a call from the dealership. My car is ready. And what time do you think they close...yep...6:00pm. Now I have dinner on the stove and this dealer is located across town. Nice. So I tell them...in a pretty bitchy tone, that I will not be able to pick up the car tonight and that thanks to them waiting until the last minute to call them, I now have an additional day that I need to pay for a car rental. Wonderful...so now I get to add $70 in car rental fees to the massive car bill. Shoot me now.

2 comments on "Cars and How they SUCK"

Lori on September 15, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

Dang. Find yourself an independent shop. Not easy, I know. I'm still hunting. Most warranty work CAN be done away from the dealer. My dealership does the same crappy call at the end of the day business. I chewed them a new one the last time they did it. Threatened to take them to small claims court for the car rental. They stayed open until I got there. I hate being mean to get someone to do the right thing.

tripntwinmom on September 17, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

I agree with Lori. That is total BS and they should be paying for that extra day of car rental? What is with this fluid flushing crap?? When we came back from our drive to see you, I was given the same line and I fell for t. Of course, I should have asked HOW much the stupid flush cost. I was getting a $30 oil change and walked out shelling out $100 becasue of some stupid a$$ flush that I "really" needed...

UGH

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates