Monday, July 6, 2009

I May Have a Problem...


In about 2 weeks, when I have my anatomy scan, if all is well I will be looking to unload my last 6 vials of my donor. I am doing this for several reasons - the money is needed, but also I need to remove any temptation I may have in a few years to have more. I cannot afford to have another nor is it fair to get pregnant again with as sick as I get. So...decision made.

Here's the problem. There were a few families who were interested in the vials while I was TTC. I told all of them that I would get back to them once I got pregnant. Well I guess two of them thought that meant they were theirs and are now asking how I want to go about selling the vials to them...YIKES! I don't want to piss either of them off and lets face it...while some people see these as vial, us parents see them as our future babies so I am going to be walking on some pretty thin ice.

Here are the perspective families.

Family One: Currently Mom A has two children with this donor.
She conceived the first two children with her partner. When I was TTC they wanted them for more children. Well when Mom A contacted me she mentioned that she had left her first partner, had met a new woman and they had been married in Vegas - WTF!? How can all of that happen in 6 months? But anyway, this is the story. Mom A wants another baby with new wife but same donor.

Family Two: Currently No Children with this Donor...but very confusing story...so try and keep up :)
Mom A was with Mom B and had a baby (with my donor). When baby was one, mom A kicked mom B out and no longer allowed her contact with the baby. This devastated mom B and she eventually found me because I run an online group for my donors recipients. So now mom B is with mom C and they want to have babies with my donor. I guess this is mom B's way of gaining the lost child she had with mom A. So now mom B and mom C want to both eventually become pregnant with my donors babies.

So...what in hell do I do? I'm hoping one backs out because of the financial cost...but who the hell knows. Both people want to start new families. And as much as I shouldn't see it this way, I do see these vials as children, in fact, my children's future half-siblings. Ugh...the difficulty!

2 comments on "I May Have a Problem..."

tripntwinmom on July 6, 2009 at 10:05 PM said...

That is a REALLY hard one. I think that I would have to go with the one that asked you FIRST or the one thatyou PERSONALLY feel more comfortable with. After all, you are TOTALLY right in saying that these vials are potential siblings for your 3 kiddos....

You gotta go with what feels RIGHT on this one and try to NOT worry about what the other couple will think....

Anonymous said...

How about three vials for each?

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates