Thursday, May 27, 2010

The Breast Pump Bomber



When planning my trip to Canada yesterday one of the challenges was pumping breast milk. I knew I couldn't go all day without pumping, and I also knew that I did not want to dump everything I pumped. I printed out the guidelines from the TSA website which stated that there was no limit on the amount of breast milk I carried whether or not I had an infant with me.
When I checked into the first airport and went through security, they looked at it funny even though before I put the bag on the conveyor, I told them what they'd be looking at. My bag was pulled for a manual search. The officer took this fabric swatch and rubbed the entire bag with it and then ran it through a machine to test for explosives. Well thank goodness I passed.
I had to go through security again on the way home. Again I declared the pump, and also the now 20 ounces of pumped breast milk. The scanned the bag and freaked out. Not at the breast milk, but crazy me, I had a jar of peanut butter and a container of honey in my bag. They were both newly bought and sealed but were a STRICT no-no. Since I'm a cheap skate, I refused to throw the items away so I needed to check my one bag. Stupid rules.
Gosh, I need to search google and see which explosive I can make with those two ingredients.

1 comments on "The Breast Pump Bomber"

Lori on May 27, 2010 at 9:11 PM said...

We had an entire incident at our local airport from a traveler bringing honey in his carry-on. Then, some dust triggered the scent dog.

Turns out he was a farmer visiting another local farmer to get some ideas. The dust was fertilizer-easily taken for having been making bombs. The honey was a gift from his local friend.

He missed his flight.

I'm glad you made yours and are home safe and sound.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates