Monday, May 17, 2010

Home Sweet Home


We are now back home. It was actually a really good trip with only a few hiccups.

We arrived on Sunday about 2pm after a pretty smooth three hour drive. The kids LOVED the hotel. They thought 'our new home' was so cool! (so cool in fact that next time I may just rent a hotel room down the road as our vacation). It was so ridiculous on how much I needed to pack for an overnight trip. Four suitcases, cooler, breast pump, pack n play, box of food, double jogger stroller, chairs, sand toys....like I said...ridiculous. After a little rest we hit the beach.

The munchkins in the hotel room

The water was cold, which is probably pretty normal for May, but S still loved it. He is soooo in love with the water. I felt badly that he couldn't do more in it. He was able to play in the surf, build objects in the sand and collect some seashells for friends back home. I think he would have stayed all day if I let him.

K unfortunately had to deal with her cast so she was a little more limited on what she could do. I was able to find a nice, thick knee high sock to wear over the cast, so while she still couldn't get it wet, she was able to play in the sand. K was a little more finicky about things like being dirty, and the wind blowing her hair, which lead to her desire to go back to the hotel after about 90 minutes at the beach.
M, as usual, was great. He enjoyed the fresh air and was pretty happy staying in his stroller. I love his pics as it makes him look like a future rocker baby :o) I wasn't able to get him into the water, but I think he could be a beach bum like his big bro.

On day two we went to the Aquarium. There were many very cool exhibits and some awesome sea life. Unfortunately S was in a grumpy mood and was not the most cooperative child. He refused, for the most part, to have any pictures taken and had to 'sit' in time out a few times. K seemed to like seeing all the creatures, and I guess since S wasn't up for it, she hammed it up for the camera.

K with the scuba diver posing behind her

The drive home stunk! It was raining the whole way, some places so hard that you couldn't see 2 car lengths in front of you. Our 3.5h drive was extended almost an hour, which sucks when you are tired after a busy two days. But we are now home and in one piece. Overall the vacation was a success. I had fun, the kids had fun, and now I know I can do it...so maybe I will be brave enough to plan for another one or two mini vacations :o)

1 comments on "Home Sweet Home"

tobster on May 17, 2010 at 8:13 PM said...

Great! Guess that means you will be heading to NYC with us! :) PERFECT!!!!! I knew you would!!! :):):) We will have a blast hitting the town with all of the kids in tow!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates