Wednesday, May 12, 2010

One Tough Cookie



For the past 3-4 weeks K has been walking funny. Anywhere from walking 'odd' to a full out limp. She never complained unless I asked her why she was walking funny. Her response was to tell me that it hurt a little half way down her left leg. Her activity level never changed; she kept extremely active and whatever was going on never slowed her down.

Well I finally decided to take her to her doc today since this had gone on for awhile. He gave her a full exam and really felt like it was nothing, but since it had been going on for a few weeks, sent us to have a full set of x-rays. After the x-rays, and being told I couldn't leave until the doctor spoke to me, I started to freak out a little. Well, it wasn't as bad as what was going through my head, but the x-rays did show a fracture. That poor thing was walking around with a broken leg for at least 3 weeks! She must have a very high pain tolerance!
After a cast, some blood work - OMG that experience will be a whole other post when I have the energy - and some McDonald's Chicken Nuggets for her experience, we are now at home. K can't wait until she can color all over her new cast :-) The doc said it will probably only stay on a week or two since the break was already pretty well healed.

0 comments on "One Tough Cookie"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates