Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!


Today we had a low key day which was ok. K promised me she would give me a hug and kiss this morning and she did, so we started things out right. Both S and K said Happy Mother's Day to me and overall they behaved pretty well today, so what more could a mother want?

M was also his cute, charming little self. Several times I sat in amazement looking at all three kids wondering how I got so lucky. As tiring, draining and maddening as motherhood can be, it is everything I ever wanted and more. I wouldn't change a single path I took to get here and I am so thankful for all I have been given.

Today was also the first day I felt more at peace with my friends loss. Don't get me wrong, I still hurt and mourn her loss and pain, but I didn't feel like that weight was still on my shoulders. While thinking about it, I believe the reason is I was able to talk to her a little bit yesterday, and while she still seemed sad and hurt, she also seemed like 'herself'. So while I know she still has a very long path in front of her, I feel like she has at least started on that path. She is starting to live again and hopefully soon she will start to feel joy again.

So to J, I know this mother's day was the most difficult one ever, I am glad you are starting to heal; starting to live; starting to figure out how to navigate this new life you now are living. I love you and I am here for you!

0 comments on "Happy Mother's Day!"

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates