Monday, April 27, 2009

FU@K Insurance!!


S had to have some sealants put on his molars last month. Before we had them done I called my insurance company and asked what would be covered. The dentist had said that if the sealants weren't covered, we could wait until his next visit in 6 months and most certainly they would all be cavities by then due to the severity of the opening, and that the cavities would be covered.

Well the insurance company told me that the sealants were covered at 100%. So I scheduled his visit and had them all done. Today I get a letter in the mail saying that they don't cover sealants in children - WHAT!? And that I owed my dentist $472.00!!

I called the appeal number and she said that they don't cover baby teeth...well what did the last lady think my three year old had...his adult teeth?? I hate this. I pay all this extra money for the major dental coverage and I get to deal with this bullshit. My only option now is to pay the bill and then file an appeal with the insurance company...which I'm sure has a snowball's chance in hell of changing anything.

I swear to god...I'm going to drop all the kids from my insurance...let the state pay for it and get everything I need for free. I mean why get punished for doing it the right way?

2 comments on "FU@K Insurance!!"

sharon on April 27, 2009 at 5:27 PM said...

that does suck Jamie. My insurance won't pay to seal Lil's teeth either, and you've seen the trouble we've had. Hope you can get something back at least.

tripntwinmom on April 27, 2009 at 6:00 PM said...

That is crap!!! I agree that you have a SMALL chance of getting them to reconsider which is just TOTAL BS! It seems like NO ONE gets decent dental insurance coverage....

I am all for dentures!!!!

Blog Archive

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

 

How Crazy Can One Woman Be? Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipietoon | All Image Presented by Online Journal


This template is brought to you by : allblogtools.com | Blogger Templates